First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! You just said YES to the love of your life and that is pretty much the best thing ever! I love LOVE and am so happy for you. Sometimes all that love can be overwhelming and you start getting questions from everyone about everything wedding so here are 8 things to do right after YOU SAY YES. Yahoo, here we go!
- CELEBRATE! Dance around, jump up and down, go to your favorite restaurant, call all your people – THIS IS SO EXCITING!!
- Take your time. This is such a special time that you only get once. Don’t move too quickly on wedding plans, take your time and soak up the fact that the love of your life just asked you to spend forever with them.
- Treat yo’self! Go get yourself an awesome manicure because everyone is going to be asking to see that beautiful ring.
- Insure that ring. Most renter’s or home insurance policies allow you to put your engagement ring on your policy. Do this ASAP! You never know when a total accident can happen!
- Organize your priorities. What’s most important to both of you for this day? Is it great food? Good music? Make sure the things that are most important to you get the most attention and the most allocated budget.
- Gather your tribe! Your vibe attracts your tribe and vice versa on your wedding day. Think about the people who lift you up, keep you calm and make you laugh. You’ll need all of that on your big day!
- Schedule venue visits. Think about the overall vibe you want for your wedding. Do you want something more relaxed? Maybe try a brewery or small vineyard. Want something elegant but with tons of nature? Try a barn or an estate. Want something totally unconventional and kick tradition to the curb? What about a museum or warehouse!
- Start looking for a wedding photographer. The best wedding photographers are booked 1-2 years in advance so once you set your date you’ll want to start looking for your photographer. While I may be biased, you do spend the most time with your photographer than any other vendor on your day so you definitely want someone who you like being around in addition to loving their photography style! Plus, you’re probably ready to get engagement photos done and most photographer (like me!) include an engagement session in their packages.
Want to book Casey for your wedding, engagement or portrait photography session? Visit the contact page or email Casey directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Casey Crowe Taylor is a wedding and portrait photographer based in Northern Virginia and is currently booking 2018 and 2019 weddings and elopements in the USA and abroad.